Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam said and I quote, “Education is an endless journey through knowledge and enlightenment.” Unquote.
The year gone by had DPSG International writing new success stories and adding many feathers to its cap.
We feel proud to announce that the school has become 68th IB World School in Asia Pacific Region for the Primary Years Program. The IB imparts intellectual, personal, emotional and social skills in its learners which are required to live, learn and work in a rapidly globalizing world.
The rigorous training in the teething years holds them in good stead and helps them expand their capacity in the quest of new milestones.
The school has yet again produced an outstanding Board result. In Class XII Radhika Garg with 96.4% emerged as the School Topper in Science stream, while Janhavi Jain and Arnav Upmanyu topped with 94% and 82.2% in Commerce and Humanities streams respectively. Harsh Sharma with 94.2% is the PCB topper. We proudly announce that with 84% school average, 100% students cleared the exams with 29.9% students getting above 90% and 220 distinctions in different subjects.
In class X too, our students proved their mettle yet again, with 40% students getting 10 CGPA and 57% getting 9+ CGPA and all students getting first division. Adding more to the achievements list, six of our students made us proud by clearing the IIT Mains Exams, and four student cracked NEET. Ayush Singh made it to National Institute of Science Education and Research, Bhubaneswar, Aman Kansal and Ansh Tarika got through IHM Goa and IHM Shimla respectively while Riya Singh joined University of California to pursue Biological Science.
- At the district level National Children’s Science Congress, organised at Shambhu Dayal Inter College the school project – Bio Fuel from Algae was selected for the state level.
- Ekansh Agarwal’s project was selected among the best 20 projects out of more than 100 projects that were exhibited in District level science exhibition, at Rajkiya Inter college Nandgram.
- Our students bagged the second prize in Ad Venture and E-Kriti, at Technovations organised by DPSG Vasundhara. The school team was awarded the overall Ist position among 28 schools.
- The theatre team made us proud by winning the first position in the Skit GST ki Kahani Hamari Zubaani and the choir team bagged the 2nd position in Muqqabla-e- Qawalli in Fest-O-Commerce held at Uttam School for Girls.
- At Synergy 2017 organised by Gurukul- The School, our friends won the First position in the Bottle Decoration, Be a Virtual Guide and Best Dressed competitions while second position in Dance Competition and Singing Competition.
- SANGAM : A Multitude of Languages held at DPSG Meerut Road, our students won the 1st position in jeu de mots (French Game), and the 3rd position in Sanskrit dialogue competition. Bishakha Gagroo won the Second Position in Water Colour Painting at the Arts Festival- Evolution –The Journey.
- Nandita Ayyar, Reetika Yadav and Aditi Bindal brought laurels to the school by bagging third position in the French Singing Competition organized at Alliance Française, on the occasion of world Francophonie Day.
- The school hosted Spontania 2017, where over 450 students from 14 schools displayed their creative skills in theater, sculpture, music, dance and yoga. The overall first position was bagged by DPSG International.
- The school organized an Inter School Commerce Fest Yothopia 2017 where all the events were keenly contested and the overall trophy was bagged by the host school.
- At Spandan – 2017, DPSG International won the first place in Fusion Dance and second position in classical Song.
- In the Annual QMUN held at Sela Qui International School Dehradun where Ayush Dube and Sarthak Upadhyaya won special mention and hon’ble mention respectively. Ayush Dube and Shreyash Dube were also judged as special mentions at MUN held at the DPSG Meerut Road.
- over 40 parent- child duos participated in ‘fastinobeats’ which had a plethora of activities on motor and cognitive skills.
- The primary wing organized its Annual Function- Sound of Music in school amphitheatre. Mrs. Raj Sharma, an eminent environmentalist and Mr. Uday Shankar an eminent artist and cartoonist graced the occasion with their presence. Mr. Anshul Pathak Vice Chairman and Treasurer DPSG Society and Chairman DPSG International presided over the function.
- DPSG International students won laurels for the school at the CBSE North Zone Taekwondo Cluster held at R.R. Public School. Osho Ketan Bhardwaj bagged the bronze medal in the above 50 kg category.
- The girls football team did the school proud winning IInd Runner Up position at CBSE Football Cluster organized at Translam Academy, Meerut.
- Aniruddha Tyagi brought laurels home winning second position in 500m boys Inline Skating Championship organized by CBSE and qualified for the nationals.
- Saanvi Chaudhary, secured 2nd place in 100m North Zone Athletic Cluster and qualified for CBSE National.
- Anirudha Tyagi bagged one Gold, one Silver and Himika won one Silver and one Bronze at Invitational Speed Skating Competition organized by Bal Bharti Saraswati Sishu Mandir, Meerut.
- The 3rd Inter School Athletic Meet was held at DPSG Meerut Road where Aditi Bhainsora, won 2 silver medals in 100mts race and long jump and Saanvi Choudhary, won 2 silver medals in 100 mts and 200 mts race. Ram Swami and Harshmeet Singh, bagged a silver medal in high jump and 100mts hurdles respectively.
- At Inter School Taekwando Championship held at Parivartan School, Bhaumik Verma won the gold medal.
- At Sun valley soccer league 2017 U-10 foot ball, DPSGI team won the 2nd place
- Arshad Khan has been selected to represent UP in Under 19 National School Games to be held in Telangana in November.
Special assembly/ Celebration
Special assemblies are organised to celebrate the diversity and multicultural ethos of India. As DPSGI understands, the responsibility is essentially to create awareness of India’s common cultural heritage, social justice and compassion, democracy, gender equality, concern for environment, scientific outlook and spirit of enquiry, all festivals – religious or national , are celebrated with true secular spirit.
Celebrating important days has become an integral part of joyful learning, community building and thought provoking processes. They are celebrated not only to break away from the mundane everyday routine life but also an occasion to imbibe knowledge and values specific to that day. Environment Week celebrations saw the children planting saplings in the school, while during Diwali celebrations children went around their locality shouting Anti- cracker slogans. Also they donated generously and collected huge amount of eatables, books, stationery items, medicines etc. and distributed among the underprivileged children.
Regular SPIC MACAY programmes are held in the school to sensitize, and familiarise the students to the Indian culture and tradition. The school organized a mesmerising Kathak performance by Ms. Rani Khanam.
On the occasion of Children’s Day the school in association with Spic Macay organized an enthralling performance of Hindustani Classical Vocal rendered by the renowned vocalist Padamshree Ustad Wasifuddin Dagarji.
Summer Camp, Leadership Camp Investiture
With origami, movie making, clay modeling, public speaking, craft work, baking, dance and theatre the 10 day summer Camp organised in May was a heady mix of fun and learning.
This year an extensive 3 day leadership camp was held at Kanatal Dhanaulti where 80 students participated in various adventure activities and leadership training session. Through these camps the school encourages self discipline, creativity, independence of thought by conducting various life skill sessions on Time Management, Decision Making, SWOT Analysis, Ethical Values and Etiquettes.
The new batch of leaders for 2017-18 session was sworn in at the Investiture Ceremony presided over by Mr. Anshul Pathak Chairman DPSG International and Vice Chairman and Treasurer DPSG Society in the presence of their parents and peers.
DPSG International takes pride in equipping its students in educational as well as social skills by sensitizing them and enabling them to become responsible stewards of society.
Students participated in an awareness campaign to spread the message of cracker less Diwali- “Harit Diwali- Swasth Diwali” launched by Dr. Harsh Vardhan, Hon’ble Minister of Environment. In an endeavor to make the Earth an eco-friendly place, the students and teachers held a workshop on ‘Waste to Wow’. While the survey on Garbage Disposal System updated the people with several recycling ideas. the Anti-Pollution rally and Nukkad Natak created awareness on the harmful effects of pollution.
In order to promote a healthy lifestyle, regular Fitness Drives and Yoga Mornings are organized at different localities of Ghaziabad and Hapur. To spread awareness on need of Girl Child Education the students conducted a survey and shared their views. A Road Safety Week was organized to create awareness regarding road safety and following traffic rules. The school also invited Mr. Vimal Kumar, Traffc Sub instructor, Ghaziabad Traffic Police to conduct a session.
Trips and excursions help students learn through visual experience and are an interesting way to explore new things. They not only take us out of the monotonous schedule but are a great way of reinforcing classroom knowledge. They are the best way to give hands on experience and practical exposure to new places, people, culture and heritage. In addition to that, unfamiliar environment provides them with an experience of traveling with peers and sharing responsibilities thus creating memories of a lifetime.
DPSGI values lifelong love of learning and motivate students to explore and discover new things. Subject weeks are organised to make children put into practical use the knowledge and information gleaned from books and class room lessons. Through myriad of activities, exhibition, inter class and inter house competitions we encourage creativity and out of the Box thinking in all subjects.
All the classes have their Class Presentations on issues or causes relevant to their age. Ensuring 100% participation, class presentations are instrumental in developing the physical, emotional, intellectual, creative, spiritual and social well-being of children. Theatrics, costumes, music and dances help them develop as well-rounded individuals who are ready to take on challenges of life with ease.
- In order to build every child’s confidence and self-esteem and offer a strong development programme where integrated studies and hands on experience inspire a love for learning, the school organizes several Workshops, Career Counseling and Life Skill Sessions. Different sessions were conducted by eminent educationists, professionals, counselors to abreast them of the latest education and career options available in Law, Management, Hospitality and Mass Communication.
- Workshops conducted by ISS EARTHCAM NASA, delegates from Mauritius , MADAGASCAR and South Africa sent by Niesbud, Alliance Française, doctors from Columbia Asia educated students on scholarship programmes, career options, and helped them delve deep into their goals, career choices and health issues.
In order to update and train, Workshops, pre service and in service trainings are regularly organized for the faculty as well. Subject specific workshops organized by TEACHERSITY, Sessions on Technology in Education Organized by CII, Awaken Citizen Programme organized by Ramakrishna Mission, Capacity Building Prgramme by CBSE, workshops on Out of the Box Thinking, Gender Sensitivity, Goal setting etc. were attended by teachers.
Vision without action is just a Dream
Action without vision…just passes the time
But, vision and action…can change the world
With clear vision and determination to act, we strive to excel in all our endeavours and scale greater heights.